Bristol Fire School - a new fire-based cooking school
I thrilled to announce that I shall shortly be opening the doors of Bristol Fire School - a new cookery school focussed on all aspects of live fire cooking. From wood fired ovens to barbecues, to fire pits and Dutch ovens, I want to help people learn how to cook with fire properly.
I spend my summers touring the country teaching people how to light better fires at all the best food and music festivals and have come to realise that the barrier to great fire-cooked food is feeling confident with the fire itself. Once you master the fire, it just becomes cooking.
The Bristol Fire School has one aim, teaching people to Do Fire Better so they can cook better and eat better.
All aspects of fire cooking will be covered, in a range of day-long and short evening classes. Class sizes will be small (6-8 max) to allow for an intimate and friendly learning environment. Some classes will be women only to allow for some machismo-free space to learn about this male-dominated craft. There will also be guest sessions from some of the countries top fire chefs.
- - barbecue - fast grilling and low and slow cooking
- - wood fired ovens for cooking perfect pizzas, baking, roasting and slow cooking
- - open fire cooking, using wood, including tripod cooking, Dutch oven baking and braising and plancha cooking
- - Argentinian asado and parilla cooking
- - smoking foods - what woods to use
- - what fuels to use - different woods, different charcoals, how to light the most ecological sound fires
The 2020 schedule of classes will be released mid-Feb. Watch this space and keep an eye on the @Bristol_Fire_School and @GenevieveEats instagram feeds for news. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request going to the Bristol Fire School mailing list.